Undefeated seasons will be put on the line tonight at the Super Hoops senior high school basketball finals.
In their inaugural season, the Yukon Rivermen have been turning heads. And they hope to continue that at the BC Hockey provincial championships in March.
Whitehorse athletes were on the international stage again late Wednesday night with Emily Nishikawa and Dahria Beatty competing in the women’s 10-km free cross-country ski race.
Whitehorse Olympian Emily Nishikawa didn’t qualify for the top 30 finalists in the individual sprint classic ski race in Pyeongchang.
- Whopping raises prove divisive for council (13)
- Sentence leaves officer with no criminal record (10)
- Purchaser looking to expand mine’s lifespan (5)
- Quakes may be factor in water main break (5)
- Changes have diluted label study: researcher (5)
- Major water main break investigated (4)
- Jobless rate fell in January: stats (4)
- Yukoners push through overflow toward finish (1)
Subscribers only access
February 16, 2018
- Florkiewicz comes to the soccer party Rob Florkiewicz has had many memorable games in the Whitehorse Rapids Over-35 soccer league,
February 14, 2018
- Finishing Touches Snowcarver Paul Sparling carves a rabbit as part of the decor for last weekend’s Marsh Lake Cross Country Ski Loppet.
February 13, 2018
- Futsal teams get primed up for Arctic Winter Games in the N.W.T. It was somewhat of a preview to the Arctic Winter Games futsal tournament when the Yukon and N.W.T. teams squared off on the weekend.
February 12, 2018
- Johnson family shows well in annual Southwick sled dog races The cold was behind Saturday’s decision to cancel a few outdoor events,
February 9, 2018
- Local freestyle skier wins gold down in Whistler On the day her Grade 4 class was going skiing at Mount Sima in March 2016, Anwyn Tillet didn’t want to go to school.
- Government thinking about money for new track and field Sport Yukon president George Arcand says the community will know in early March whether the replacement of the track and field behind F.H. Collins High School is a go.
February 8, 2018
- Duncan recalls skipping next to Jennifer Jones It was something of a bittersweet experience for the Yukon’s team at last week’s Scotties Tournament of Hearts in Penticton, B.C.
- Female Mustangs lose three, win one at tournament in Surrey In the first foray outside the Yukon this season, the Schmidt Mining Corp. Mustangs came up short in Surrey, B.C.
- Basement battle ends in tie The game between Yukon Brewing and Yukon Info.com ended with honours even as they both tried to avoid the ignominy of finishing bottom of the league.