With the continued growth of sports in the Yukon,
Judo continues to grow in Carmacks under club instructor and five-time national champion Bianca Ockedahl.
Running outdoors in the Whitehorse winter is a little tricky with snow and icy patches blanketing the roads and paths,
- Major alterations proposed for electoral map (14)
- Cannabis sales price, tax bite remain unknown (11)
- Pharmacist challenges decision in the courts (11)
- Housing project a Yukon first: minister (9)
- Optimism permeates hardrock mining industry (8)
- Homelessness remains crucial issue, chief says (8)
- Challenge injustices, activist urges students (6)
- Schools set for improvements or replacement (6)
Subscribers only access
November 22, 2017
- First Canada Cup event set for Mt. Sima Some of Canada’s top winter athletes have been calling Mount Sima home this month with pre-season training in full swing.
- Six Whitehorse crossfitters compete in Lloydminster Six CrossFit athletes out of Whitehorse’s CrossFit 867 went down to Lloydminster for the 2017 Battle on the Border CrossFit competition.
- Jim Brown’s lucky boots in Rapids action Winless Yukon Brewing needed something to change their luck in Whitehorse Rapids over-35 soccer action and they found it in Jim Brown’s lucky boots.
November 21, 2017
- Yukoner joins second varsity team in Halifax Whitehorse varsity athlete Skyler Bryant is trading the pitch for the track,
- Warriors win two Yukon volley titles Spiking and setting took centre court in Whitehorse Thursday to Saturday with the Yukon School Volleyball Championships.
- Curling rink 2-7 at nationals The first of three Whitehorse Curling Club rinks competing in national championships this month has returned from a 2-7 showing in Swan River, Man.
November 20, 2017
- Yukon biathlete makes Canada IBU Cup team At just 20 years old, Yukon biathlete Nadia Moser has qualified for her second International Biathlon Union (IBU) Cup team to represent Canada.
- Five games in two days at women’s hockey jamboree Hockey was on full display at Takhini Arena Friday and Saturday
November 17, 2017
- Northern Novas have their eyes on nationals Head coach Aura-Lea Harper rolled out a huge bin filled with large jugs.
- Early start for skiing and Free Day on the Trails Whitehorse’s Free Day on the Trails is back for another year at the Mt. McIntyre Recreation Centre, but this time a month earlier than in the past.
November 16, 2017
- New futsal league takes first kick at Vanier The brand new Yukon Futsal Metro League kicked off Saturday evening at Vanier Catholic Secondary School.
- Peewee Mustangs earn silver in Victoria tournament The Whitehorse Peewee Mustangs brought back some silver hardware from Victoria after an all-north final in the team’s second tournament of the year.