A Cross Country Yukon campaign to help fund snow-making equipment has exceeded expectations.
Julia Frasher competes in the Yukon Bouldering Championships
It was a David versus Goliath moment
A Marsh Lake speed skater was the sole Yukoner to compete at a meet at the Olympic Oval in Calgary last weekend.
- Tearful mom speaks of pain of son’s loss (12)
- Bus purchase may be sole-sourced (11)
- McDiarmid sentenced, released from custody (11)
- Protest intends to give a voice to victims (9)
- Family hears tearful apology from MacPherson (7)
- Victim’s father disappointed by sentence (5)
- ‘Unfounded’ sexual assault cases to be reviewed (4)
- Accused pedophile is now facing 65 charges (4)
Subscribers only access
February 24, 2017
- Weather forces trail changes at Granger Grind The Dog Powered Sports Association of the Yukon’s mid-distance race will see some route changes this weekend after trail conditions in some area deteriorated.
- EDI’s Johnson remains best goalie in league Third-place EDI battled to a 3-3 draw with the AON Flames in Oldtimer Hockey action at Takhini Arena Thursday night.
- Yukoners off to strong start at ski worlds Dahria Beatty finished just shy of qualifying for her first world championship sprint quarter-final.
February 23, 2017
- Murphy repeats as golden boot trophy winner In the final round of games in the over-35’s soccer league,
February 22, 2017
- Glacier Bear golden at Chilliwack swim meet In just one event at the 2017 Swim BC AA Championships,
- Travelling Canadian sports exhibit to stop in Whitehorse A new travelling exhibit that showcases the history of the Canada Games will be stopping in Whitehorse.
February 21, 2017
- Reviving the Babe Southwick Memorial Race The dogs yap, pulling at their lines as they dig into the sparsely snow-covered ground.
February 20, 2017
- Huskies seal up Sparta with series sweep The Whitehorse Huskies will be heading into the Coy Cup tournament on a high note.
February 17, 2017
- Koltun rink out at Scotties; plays Nunavut this afternoon It was heartbreak for Team Yukon at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts this morning in St. Catharines, Ont.
- Atom Development Mustangs go undefeated in Squamish The Atom Development Mustangs are having a season to remember.
- Buckwheat Ski Classic registration open Registration for the Buckwheat Ski Classic is now open.
- YSML playoffs start tonight In the final games of the Yukon Soccer Metro League regular season,
February 16, 2017
- Nishikawa guides McKeever on the way to para-nordic relay bronze Warm weather could’ve wrecked havoc on the skis of Canadian athletes,
- Scoffin looks ahead after early exit from Boston Pizza Cup Thomas Scoffin is disappointed after an early exit from the Alberta Boston Pizza Cup.