The Whitehorse Star is an Independent Daily Newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986.
The Whitehorse Star is currently published 5 days a week as an afternoon paper. It is generally available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price is currently $1.00 Monday - Friday.
- Dog rescue owner will appeal court order (24)
- Data confirm significant hunger numbers evident in Whitehorse (17)
- Liberals plan groundbreaking radon legislation (11)
- Pilots’ group expresses concern over legislation (7)
- Rig driver among those charged during operation (6)
- City asked to support annual Yukoner Appreciation Day (5)
- End of Greyhound service seems a certainty (4)
- Survivors’ voices being silenced, Hanson says (4)