The Whitehorse Star is an Independent Daily Newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986.
The Whitehorse Star is currently published 5 days a week as an afternoon paper. It is generally available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price is currently $1.00 Monday - Friday.
- Problems with building inspections exposed (12)
- Lang looking forward to kicking back at home with family (10)
- Fire department acted appropriately, city argues (9)
- Rollover, road closures affected many people (6)
- ‘We’re here to hopefully make things better’ (5)
- Power rates headed for an upswing (5)
- New environmental grant policy proposed by administration (2)
- Lang’s departure opens up an oppportunity (1)