Mum or Mom, pop or soda: same things, different words
- Crown says poacher should go to jail (22)
- ‘It’s a different view over here,’ premier observes (11)
- City staff erect roadblock to KK drive-thru (9)
- City staff favour micro-housing development (7)
- Ex-councillor remembered for dedication, huge heart (6)
- Woman was hurt by lumber falling from roof ( Analysis ) (6)
- Act doesn’t need overhaul: privacy commissioner (5)
- City is owed $155,506 in taxes, interest (4)
Subscribers only access
January 16, 2017
- On the eve of Trump: everybody take a valium ( Comment ) When Napoleon invaded Russia in 1812, he took more than half a million troops with him – and he still lost.
January 13, 2017
- The cameo occurs, the expectations dam up ( Editorial ) A sage being once said, “The wise person makes sure not to have too many opinions, especially on subjects he knows nothing about.”
- A baffling, unexpected official encounter ( Uffish Thoughts ) I was stopped by the RCMP in downtown Whitehorse on Dec. 20.
January 12, 2017
- Cyprus: the waiting-for-Edogan game ( Comment ) It would be an excellent thing to reunite the island of Cyprus after 42 years of heavily armed partition, but it’s probably not going to happen this year.
January 10, 2017
- Reviewing Trump, WikiLeaks and Russia ( Comment ) A Fox News reporter asked Donald Trump about WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange back in 2010,
January 6, 2017
- The continuing disgrace of drunks on the roads ( Editorial ) Cpl. Shawn Pollard of the Yukon RCMP traffic division
January 5, 2017
- We’re watching the decline of basic civility There has been such a pronounced decline in civility in recent years that it is now adversely affecting the economy.