The ‘X factor’ of roads into the backlands
- Investigation starts into Yukon’s seventh homicide (21)
- Infilling plan would create more country lots (16)
- Qualified independent party to inspect WCC (13)
- Man seriously hurt in Porter Creek shooting (13)
- Dogs have made life unbearable, residents say (12)
- Witnesses testify in dog rescue owner’s defence (8)
- Learning partnership launched in Nanaimo, Carcross (6)
- Woman found (3)
Subscribers only access
September 25, 2017
- Residents should reject this latest LIC move Regarding the City of Whitehorse’s latest local improvement charge (LIC; Star, Sept. 22),
- We’re witnessing a city in a true crime crisis Hello, mayor and council, territorial leaders and the Yukon RCMP.
September 22, 2017
- Let’s tackle government employees’ stress woes There have been many Yukon government staff members off on leave, and stress is the cause of up to 70 per cent of the cases.
- What’s the point of this YG plan? So I see the Yukon government wants input from groups on what to do with the Societies Act (Star, Sept. 20).
- Say again, mayor and council? This is an open letter to Mayor Dan Curtis and city council.
- Slash the absurd size of YG’s civil service This Liberal government has more money than any previous government in history,
September 21, 2017
- Do Yukoners want this American trend? There’s a new trend starting with wage increases next year in the private and public sectors in the United States.
September 20, 2017
- Make no mistake: hunting is not slaughter I have worked in industry (lab technician, Hi-Grade Containers) as well as within wildlife management (conservation officer).
- We are not prepared for a stronger economic future Is the Yukon, especially the City of Whitehorse,
September 18, 2017
- Here are some realities about the United Way On Friday,
- Be sure to prepare for emergencies! The Yukon government has sent out information on preparing for emergencies like earthquakes, floods and other cases.
September 15, 2017
- YEC presents: an LNG turbine and higher rates In the 2016 election,
- Offering a timely reminder I’m just asking
- Bet on it: Yukon will soon be heavily mined I’ve upset my main support base with my last letter (Star, Sept. 11).
- A big thank you to our wildfire crews The arrival of fall weather has reduced Yukon’s risk of fire.
- You pay taxes; Trudeau fritters them away It turns out all those selfies people take with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau are costing ordinary Canadians a bundle.
- Let’s give our children a good start In July, I witnessed a baby being completely calmed down by the simple act of breastfeeding.