The potential consequences of the Peel decision
- Condo units will start at $369,500 (17)
- Crown, family had opposed open custody (16)
- Pot sale’s limit to Marwell draws objection (11)
- Test lane helped buses adhere to schedules (10)
- Quarry bid didn’t get a full airing: proponent (7)
- Stop-work order issued for Mah’s Point 2 site (7)
- Parents left in lurch with daycare’s sudden closure (5)
- Dedicated transit lane deemed a success as experiment ends (5)
Subscribers only access
January 19, 2018
- Yukon can be a model for sustainable energy During this past year, Yukoners Concerned About Oil and Gas Exploration/Development have kept a low profile while Yukon’s Liberal government finds its way.
- This catch-22 is unfair to cancer patients My information is not specific to Whitehorse,
January 18, 2018
- Are Yukon politicians real leaders? Leaders have to be deep thinkers to be in public office, not idiots nor self-serving.
January 17, 2018
- Energy consumption’s free lunch doesn’t exist Re: “Energy projects await implementation of policy”, by Chuck Tobin, Whitehorse Star, Jan. 12.
- The people of Teslin do their own thing The Village of Teslin is a beautiful community, set on Teslin Lake.
January 15, 2018
- The recycling solution may please no one After reading and listening to many comments regarding the pros and cons of the proposed Yukon government recycling fees and when to charge them (Star, Jan. 12), a couple of questions come to mind.
- Trump snarls, and Canada remains mute Everyone has had a troublesome neighbour – one who is noisy, profane and inappropriate, but who does have a lawn mower that is handy to borrow.
January 12, 2018
- We are petitioning for a $15 minimum wage A new year begins, and with it, a new hope that the working lives of northerners continue to improve.
- Film industry should join this century The Golden Globes celebrate the best fiction in movies and on TV (Star, Jan. 8).
- Yukoners should analyze carbon tax Why won’t the federal and Yukon governments let local people or firms complete an analysis of the carbon tax?