This is a harmful recycling of the same idea
- Major alterations proposed for electoral map (14)
- Cannabis sales price, tax bite remain unknown (11)
- Pharmacist challenges decision in the courts (11)
- Housing project a Yukon first: minister (9)
- Optimism permeates hardrock mining industry (8)
- Homelessness remains crucial issue, chief says (8)
- Challenge injustices, activist urges students (6)
- Schools set for improvements or replacement (6)
Subscribers only access
November 24, 2017
- Let’s put Mounties, nurses ahead of subsidies I don’t think I am alone when I say I yearn for transparency and honesty from the governments that dictate the future of my life and that of my children.
- I question the validity of this vote Re. “Council finalizes LIC for Alexander Street” (Star, Nov. 17).
- Trudeau’s folly has shifted to thin ice Wondering how to waste Canadian taxpayers’ money and make bad choices? Just watch Justin Trudeau.
- We were a part of something special Late 2016 and early 2017
- You’ve pared our peacekeeping role to a farce Ed. note: this is an open letter to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
- Let’s consider the true aspects of trapping There are two sides of the subject of trapping and wearing furs.
November 23, 2017
- Planned recycling fees pose problems How is the government going to tax e-commerce, which is expected to grow by 50 per cent in Canada?
November 22, 2017
- Many contributed to this community event Whitehorse Connects is a community event put on by the Yukon Anti-Poverty Coalition.
- Trudging further along the long and winding road All aboard the COB (cranky old bastard) Express to the capital of Canada.
November 20, 2017
- What is this secretive gun safety committee doing? What is this secretive gun safety committee doing?
- Residents have a right to speak out I quote Mayor Dan Curtis from last Thursday’s Whitehorse Star: “NIMBYism is alive and well here in Whitehorse.”
- Trudging along the long and winding road Climb aboard the old prospector’s love train. I can take you all for a ride in Ottawa.
November 17, 2017
- Demonstrate a better attitude toward safety Ed. note: this is an open letter to Highways and Public Works Minister Richard Mostyn.
- This unethical policy outrages us, Ms. Frost Ed. note: this is a letter to Pauline Frost, the minister of Health and Social Services.
- The foundation for a Ross River solution Ed. note: this is a letter to Pauline Frost, the minister of Health and Social Services.
- Childcare facilities’ financial picture is dismal I operate a childcare centre in Whitehorse,
- Support your local prospector or suffer in silence It’s not too late to throw your support behind the Yukon redneck right-for-you in the Red Chamber.
- An ode to an odious government Trudeau and Morneau
- We’re proud of our role in building this highway After many years of planning and development, the Inuvik-Tuktoyaktuk Highway is now open.
- Reflecting on our successes, challenges This fall, Athletics Yukon would like to express its gratitude for another season of excitement and activity!
- Liberals have no plan to address the bed shortage There is an ongoing bed shortage crisis at the Whitehorse General Hospital caused by a demand for continuing care beds.
November 16, 2017
- Who should be contributing what to pensions? There was recently a piece in another media outlet on the sustainability of the Yukon government pension plan.