The Peel’s future should be tourism, not devastation
- Accused man had unhappy early life: forensic psychiatrist (17)
- Bullying bylaw considered for city facilities (14)
- Murder trial enters its final stages (8)
- Man claims he was assaulted in custody (7)
- Building 17-km road caused substantial damage (6)
- Latest outage sees estimated 7,825 customers lose power (5)
- Whitehorse-Victoria flights to begin next May (4)
- Optimism reigns at major tourism summit (3)
Subscribers only access
December 13, 2017
- How much more can be done with less? More importantly, how much more can be done for a few, at the expense of all the rest?
December 11, 2017
- Potential MLAs’ raises, but nothing for the needy? It takes a little while for elected politicians to show their true colours.
- Trudeau is insulting our soldiers As a result of a recent decision made by the Trudeau government,
December 8, 2017
- Let’s sort out this bed shortage immediately The headline above the Star’s editorial of Dec. 1 says, “Don’t blame the doctors and hospital staff.”
- Don’t overplay the seriousness here When I first saw the news that the Whitehorse RCMP’s Stephen Knaack had been charged with “sexual assault”, I thought, “Oh my God,
- Grieving the loss of a loved one at Christmas The holiday season is here.
- We have a template for all other land use plans By hobbling YTG with a “parks-only” Peel land use plan (Star, Dec. 1, 4),
- The public has the right to know Re. the Yukon government settling with the victims of historic sexual assault cases, as reported in the Star earlier this fall.
December 6, 2017
- Don’t whine – clean up your act! We simply have to comment on the statements made by the executive director of the Yukon Chamber of Mines as reported in the Globe and Mail Dec. 2 and also reported on in Monday’s Whitehorse Star.
December 4, 2017
- Yukon Party should man up and pay the costs It’s time to make politics,
December 1, 2017
- You’re a leader among leaders, Premier Silver Ed. note: this is an open letter to Premier Sandy Silver.
- My country corn comes raw from a cob How do you want your “country corn” served up to you?
- Some timely reminders during your recycling Raven Recycling has been feeling the effects of China’s “green fence”, and here is what that means for Yukon recyclers.
- Busing survey takes users for a ride Has anyone taken the transit survey the City of Whitehorse put out?