- Transit users advised to find alternatives (12)
- Union hopes strike action can be averted (7)
- Youngest-ever commissioner learning the ropes (7)
- Business is ready to sell cannabis immediately (7)
- City manager clarifies positions in negotiations (6)
- Entrepreneur, innovators to receive a new hub (6)
- Disaster planning is crucial, conference delegates told (4)
- City approves YG plan to create group home (2)
March 7, 2018
- Justin Trudeau just doesn’t have it “We are the author and hero of our own story.”
- A hogwash budget fronted by childish antics Ed. note: this is an open letter to Premier Sandy Silver.
March 6, 2018
- Please take these lessons to heart, council Ed. note: this is an open letter to Mayor Dan Curtis and city council.
- Recognizing affordable and supportive housing Challenge Disability Resource Group (CDRG) is happy to hear the announcement last Thursday in the Yukon Legislative Assembly of Yukon Government’s commitment to the Cornerstone Affordable and Supportive Housing Development.
March 5, 2018
- I am fully disgusted by this decision! Sometimes you eat the bear; sometimes the bear eats you.
- The need for a conservation authority is undeniable Once again, the ancient phrase “To be or not to be” raises its ugly head and begs to be answered.
March 2, 2018
- Alberta premier showed how it’s done Ralph Klein was a true leader for Albertans from whom others can learn.
- The war for Syrian regime change has been lost Ed. note: this is a letter to Yukon MP Larry Bagnell.
- Liberals’ new budget grows government Ed. note: interim Opposition Leader Stacey Hassard has released the following statement on the 2018-19 territorial budget.
- Zoning rules are there for a reason, city hall Ed. note: this is a letter to Mayor Dan Curtis and city council.
- What’s this gaffe-prone PM up to? When you think you have seen it all with our prime minister, he goes to India.
- A lesson for teachers A teacher bonus for getting better results?
- We won two out of three on the environment We can start with the one out of three we recently lost: stopping the liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant on Robert Service Way in Whitehorse.
February 28, 2018
- A fair wage and profit must be balanced There is no such thing as a living wage, but a living take home income.
- Our territory needs a conservation authority Yukon needs a real conservation authority before industrial favouritism wipes out any chance of such a future.
February 23, 2018
- Let’s build a hospital for those with special needs Over the last 14 years, the Yukon has built a women’s shelter and a new centre for individuals with drug and booze problems.
- YG’s ‘progress’ on climate change is a joke I read with interest “Progress made on climate change strategy: YG” (Star, Feb. 19).
- The Bunker mentality revisited U.S. President Donald Trump has now suggested that school shootings could possibly be prevented by arming teachers with concealed weapons.
- Of Olympics and geography Kipling’s quote starts with the concern “Oh, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet....”
- New gun laws and an early election call All signs on the federal Liberal front seem to lead to an early call of the next federal election, due in 2019.
- Dogs’ deaths leave disturbing questions The recent story of the Tagish dogs under the care of Shelley Cuthbert is troubling.