Pet Of The Week
- Union calls attending sessions ‘waste of time’ (16)
- Carbon tax takes starring role in question period (13)
- Operations building gets formal approval (7)
- Questions raised on operations building contract (6)
- Deaths ‘real shock, devastating,’ mayor says (5)
- Canyon City Hockey League’s Sundogs hoist championship trophy (4)
- Canada Day party budget may reach $285,100 (4)
- Costs of new statutory holiday outlined (4)
Subscribers only access
April 21, 2017
- Why there’s a weird person in the White House ( Bookends ) With a title like the one Matt Taibbi chose for this collection of U.S. election year essays,
April 18, 2017
- Amazing sights on the river never cease ( Uffish Thoughts ) April is the month when you begin to see people watching the Yukon River.
April 13, 2017
- An aspiring young writer tries desperate measures ( Bookends ) Arthur Bean is a genius, and destined to be the next great Canadian author, at least in his own mind.
April 7, 2017
- Children’s books advocating for important causes ( Bookends ) Some children’s books also deserve to have adults pay attention to them.
April 5, 2017
- Exhibit Opens Toolmakers opened Monday evening at the Yukon Transportation Museum.
March 31, 2017
- A magical homage to other magical stories ( Bookends ) I freely admit that I was enticed into entering this magical excursion by the rather enjoyable television series that has been based on it.
- Showing Until Saturday Brian Fidler, left, and Claire Ness are seen at Wednesday evening’s dress rehearsal of Tombstone:
March 30, 2017
- Following the sunbeam in a Klondike spring ( Uffish Thoughts ) I believe I finally reset the time of the last of my electronic devices Tuesday evening.
March 24, 2017
- Ancient artifacts and the secrets of making gold ( Bookends ) I get a lot of books in the mail from distributors and publicists who don’t seem to realize that the best I can do is review 50-60 books in the run of a year.
March 22, 2017
- World film tour rolls into city this week The Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour is coming to Whitehorse on Thursday and Friday evenings at the Yukon Arts Centre.