Photo by Vince Fedoroff
WORK RECOGNIZED – From left, Commissioner Doug Phillips awards the Sovereign’s Medal for Volunteering to: Harris Cox for his involvement with the Klondike Snowmobiling Association, Thomas Parlee for his involvement with Elder Active; and Don White for his work coaching with Athletics Yukon. “When you’re volunteering you don’t expect to get any kind of recognition or anything,” said White. “It’s nice being recognized.” The medals were awarded during the Commissioner’s Levee last Sunday. Star photos by VINCE FEDOROFF and MARISSA TIEL
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Dog rescue owner will appeal court order (12)
- Data confirm significant hunger numbers evident in Whitehorse (8)
- Pilots’ group expresses concern over legislation (5)
- End of Greyhound service seems a certainty (3)
- City asked to support annual Yukoner Appreciation Day (3)
- Liberals plan groundbreaking radon legislation (3)
- Mapping out courses for the orienteering championships (2)
- Survivors’ voices being silenced, Hanson says (2)