Photo by Marissa Tiel
READYING FOR THE QUEST – Rob Cooke competes in the Mount Lorne Christmas Classic in this December 2015 file photo. Cooke is one of five Yukon mushers set to take part in the Yukon Quest, a 1,000-mile dog sled race from Whitehorse to Fairbanks, AK in February. Of the initial field of 26, three mushers have withdrawn including John Schandelmeier, Noah Pereira and Yukoner Tamra Reynolds, who is on a waitlist for the 300-mile race. A field of 23 teams remains to start the Yukon Quest on Feb. 4. Late registration is accepted until Jan. 6.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Frost cites ‘misappropriation’ in stalled project (21)
- ‘NIMBYism is alive and well here in Whitehorse’ (17)
- Crushed under bison, man thought of loved ones (14)
- Silver rules out sales tax and job cuts (10)
- Man is charged after unloaded gun is seized at the airport (10)
- Major alterations proposed for electoral map (10)
- Optimism permeates hardrock mining industry (8)
- Cannabis sales price, tax bite remain unknown (6)